What's the point of getting certified by WEConnect?
Certification as a Women Business Enterprise (WBE) by WEConnect International is primarily about increasing your access to contract opportunities with multinational organisations, in Europe and even internationally.
Certification verifies that your business is majority-owned (51%) and controlled by a woman, or women - crucial to multi national corporations and government procurement departments who need to demonstrate and measure diversity in the contracts they award to businesses.
WEConnect International Certification is the recommended method of your business connecting to corporate decision makers. Once you have been certified as a women-owned and controlled business, WEConnect International will:-
- Facilitate opportunities for you to meet with procurement officers from our member corporations – an impressive and growing list of top international organisations all eager to diversify their supply chains
- Place your business details on our membership database - searched by our corporate members as they seek to engage new and diverse suppliers
- Facilitate opportunities for you to meet with other women-business owners who are registered with us – a great chance to partner up to increase your exposure and tender for larger contracts
What else is in it for me?
- Certification will be an important marketing tool for expanding your company's visibility among decision makers in corporate supply chain diversity and procurement
- National and Multi National Corporations are actively seeking certified WBEs to participate in their contracting efforts - they understand that a diverse pool of contractors brings greater choice, better value and equal representation of society
- Whilst you must still be competitive in price, quality and delivery, WBE Certification will differentiate your business and ensure access to contract bidding opportunities that until now have been difficult to identify
- You will also be able to develop business-to-business trading opportunities as well as the creation of partnerships to enhance bidding capacity
Extra support that we offer certified businesses in the UK and Ireland
- We have a ‘WBE of the Week’ profile (WBE: Women’s Business Enterprise) that is sent to all corporate members
- We make targeted email introductions to individual corporate members – our contacts are mostly in procurement
- Certified WBEs get free or lower cost tickets to attend WEConnect International events
- Certified WBEs get access to exclusive events offering great networking opportunities
- We can put items in the email newsletters we send out about your business
- We can place news stories on this website about your business that we can then share on social media
- Our WEConnect Academy: SME Development Programme for Europe that is presented by our corporate members is offered free to certified WBEs - there is a charge for self-registered businesses to attend
- If we receive a procurement requirement that one of our certified WBEs can fulfil, they get the first opportunity to bid for that business (ahead of the self-registered businesses)
- Finally, for any women owned business doing work in the US where the demand for certification amongst corporate organisations is much higher, WEConnect certification is approved and recognised and gives access to the annual WBENC conference: http://conf.wbenc.org/ - WEConnect International is WBENC’s international certification partner
Please note at this stage we are only certifying businesses in the UK and Ireland but businesses across the rest of Europe can self-register their business with us for free and benefit from access to the WEConnect International network.
Please contact Maggie Berry on email@example.com or on 0044 (0) 7776 302 906 to find out more!