RBS Inspiring Enterprise has today announced the winners of the latest round of Inspiring Women in Enterprise grant funding. 117 applications were submitted from not-for-profit organisations looking for funding to run enterprise programmes for women across the UK. From those applications, 14 organisations were shortlisted, before eight were chosen as the eventual winners.
The full list of winners is as follows;
• Coventry & Warwickshire Co-op Development Agency for project ‘Cascade’; Coventry and Warwickshire
• Dungannon Enterprise Centre for project ‘InnovateHer Mid-Ulster’; Mid Ulster
• Millin Centre for project ‘Local Women Local Enterprise’; Newcastle
• Olmec for project ’First Steps in Social Enterprise’; London
• Portobello Business Centre for project ‘MyLifeMix’; London
• Sustainable Enterprise Strategies for project ‘Women Out Of Poverty Into Enterprise’ (WOOPIE); Sunderland
• The Women's Organisation Ltd for project ‘Promoting Opportunities for Women in Enterprise and Regeneration’ (POWER); Liverpool
• Works for Us for project ‘Business for You’; Milton Keynes
The winning applications include a wide variety of structured programmes; from a project to target women in disadvantaged areas in Tyne and Wear with business start-up advice, to enterprise mentoring and master classes with women in mid-Ulster.
Launched at the end of 2012 with a funding pot of £1.5 million, Inspiring Women in Enterprise grant funding is for not-for-profit organisations to run programmes which help inspire women to explore their enterprise potential, and hopefully set up in business. So far the programme has enabled the funded organisation to support over 3,600 women, creating 430 businesses.
To find out more about each of the winners and how their grant will be invested, read about them here: http://www.inspiringenterprise.rbs.com/inspiring-women/grant-funding/our...
If you require further information on the grant funding, or any other aspect of Inspiring Enterprise please see their new look website (now detailing how we are progressing against our targets): http://www.inspiringenterprise.rbs.com/ or email them: email@example.com