Benefits for Women Business Owners
What's the point of getting certified by WEConnect?
Certification as a Women Business Enterprise (WBE) by WEConnect is primarily about increasing your access to contract opportunities with multinational organisations, in Europe and even internationally.
Certification verifies that your business is majority-owned (51%) and controlled by a woman, or women - crucial to multi national corporations and government procurement departments who need to demonstrate and measure diversity in the contracts they award to businesses.
WEConnect Certification is the recommended method of your business connecting to corporate decision makers. Once you have been certified as a women-owned and controlled business, WEConnect will:-
- Facilitate opportunities for you to meet with procurement officers from our member corporations – an impressive and growing list of top international organisations all eager to diversify their supply chains
- Place your business details on our membership database - searched by our corporate members as they seek to engage new and diverse suppliers
- Facilitate opportunities for you to meet with other women-business owners who are registered with us – a great chance to partner up to increase your exposure and tender for larger contracts
What else is in it for me?
- Certification will be an important marketing tool for expanding your company's visibility among decision makers in corporate supply chain diversity and procurement
- National and Multi National Corporations are actively seeking certified WBEs to participate in their contracting efforts - they understand that a diverse pool of contractors brings greater choice, better value and equal representation of society
- Whilst you must still be competitive in price, quality and delivery, WBE Certification will differentiate your business and ensure access to contract bidding opportunities that until now have been difficult to identify
- You will also be able to develop business-to-business trading opportunities as well as the creation of partnerships to enhance bidding capacity
Which companies are WEConnect Corporate Members and Supporters?
- DLA Piper
- Ernst & Young
- Exxon Mobil
We will keep you updated of new members as they join.